Bought this thing on Amazon for $25, figuring it’s not a calibrated decade box, but it’s also 1/10 of the price of more professional pieces of gear. Overall look and fit is reasonable until one looks inside the unit.
- You get a nice set of 1% 1W resistors and switches
- All parts are soldered, though the amount of solder splashes and solder balls is rather excessive. (See a nice collection of solder balls I shook out of it)
- All resistors are bypassed by default, so unless you remember to leave a switch on you get a nice short across the terminals
- Lower ranges see higher percentage of resistance due to all the switch contacts in series.
- Higher values are closer to nominal
- It’d be nice if switches had a marking on them to indicate on or off state
“it’ll do” for general lab use, though you may want to shake all the extra solder off first.